The torrential rain that battered the East Cost of the country earlier this week has abated and everything is moving at full speed to ensure this year’s South Coast Bike Fest – presented by Ugu South Coast Tourism and powered by Gearhouse – is on schedule for Friday.
Recent rains along the KwaZulu-Natal coastline have not affected South Coast Bike Fest event area or surrounds, and the anticipated sunny skies will create the perfect backdrop for a weekend of fantastic festival action.
“We are excited to say that all the South Coast Bike Fest activities will go ahead as planned,” says event organiser, Vicky Wentzel. “We can confirm all access routes to and from Margate are open and festival-goers can be assured of a fun, safe festival weekend with this year’s programme boasting a host of new events. Don’t miss out on any of the action!”
Alongside the incredible biking stunts will be the hottest musical showcase featuring 35 of South Africa’s most in-demand musicians. The Budweiser Beach Stage, Village Pier Rock Stage and Sunset Beach Party venues will play host to non-stop musical mayhem in the form of Fokofpolisikar, Desmond & The Tutus, Locnville, Pascal & Pearce, Euphonik, Nasty C, Black Motion, Distruction Boyz and – for the first time ever on the KwaZulu-Natal South Coast – the legendary artists, Sjava and Shekinah.
In addition to the musical programme, visitors to the 2019 South Coast Bike Fest can look forward to:
• 6 Beachfront Boulevard-Themed Bars
• Village Market and Expo Zones
• The WFO Hard Enduro Club-endorsed South Coast Hard Enduro Festival Race which forms part of the 4th round of the KZN Enduro Championship.
• Food Courts
• The Pals in Paradise Mass Parade (leaving from C-Bali Restaurant at St Michael’s Beach on Saturday, 28 April
• KwaXolo Biker Extreme Festival
• KwaNzimakwe Biker Extreme Festival
• Soweto Riding Academy – Learn to Ride